Yep Schools Direct believes that a child or young person should never experience abuse of any kind. We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people and to keep them safe. We are committed to practise in a way that protects them. This policy applies to all staff, freelancers, seasonal workers and anyone working on behalf of Yep Schools Direct Ltd hereinafter referred to as colleagues.
The purpose of this policy
Is to provide the staff of Yep Schools Direct with the principles and procedures in place to protect the children who have any interaction with the company.
This policy has been drawn up on the basis of law and guidance that seeks to protect children, namely:
• Children Act 1989
• United Convention of the Rights of the Child 1991
• Data Protection Act 1998
• GDPR 2018
• Human Rights Act 1998
• Sexual Offenses Act 2003
• Children Act 2004
• Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
We recognise that:
• The welfare of the child is paramount.
• All children have a right to equal protection.
We will seek to protect children by:
• Valuing and respecting them.
• Requesting that photographers are always accompanied by a member of school staff whilst on school premises.
• Undertake the required Disclosure and Barring Service checks on all colleagues who interact with children.
• Storing information professionally and securely.
• Managing any allegations against colleagues appropriately.
• Notifying the school about any concerns regarding any individual or general observation.
• Encourage colleagues to approach their manager if they have concerns about the conduct of a colleague.
Code of Conduct
While colleagues are on school premises they are required to adhere to the following:
• Act in accordance with the Company Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policy.
• Be in full compliance with the Company Reference policy.
• Remain within designated areas at all times.
This policy will be reviewed on a periodical basis and any changes will be communicated accordingly.
The site was made with Mobirise website template